The Blue Planet Of Life Headline Animator

Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Paradox

Yesterday I met an educationist and told her that she’s going to die. She was shocked to hear that. No, I am not an astrologer. I don’t belong to any such type. She didn’t say anything and instead kept looking towards me in disbelief. I knew what I had said, that was a very responsible statement from my side (Oh come on, I am not an insane man).

She finally gathered some courage and asked in a broken voice, “What are you saying”? Her voice had a tinge of anger in it. I remained expressionless and repeated the same thing. But this time I made it sure to complete my statement. I told her that she’s going to die in the next 40-50 years (that was the most likely possibility as she was not more then forty years of age. And that was a rather optimistic possibility).
This time she reacted little bit normally and asked the reason of making such a statement and that too in the very first meeting. I had actually gone there to make a presentation of an educational project. That project has the power to revolutionize the whole education process.

Anyway, now back to my statement. I politely told her that our permanent absence from this world is a definite and absolute reality. But at the same time our actions are going to stay in this world for a much longer period, and they’ll definitely make a strong impact on the coming generations.
Wow!! Now she was completely normal. Now she knew what I was saying. Now she knew what I was trying to convey.
I firmly believe that it’ll be an educationist who’ll bring a positive change in the society. I further believe that it’s the educationist who has the power to shape the society in a righteous way. I also believe in the fact that a four year old child will eventually become a 24 year old young man and will come in to the main stream. I know that this journey from a four year old child to a twenty year old will eventually decide and frame his/her personality. He/she will give back what she’ll get from us, the society. Our guidance, teachings and behavior will make her what she’ll become in the future. I also know that my physical existence is very temporary in this world. But my actions will stay here with the coming generations. I know that I’m answerable to them. They’ll get what I’ll give to them.
‘I’, ‘me’……well, here I’m talking about billions others like me who are into the main stream and who are called as the current generation.
Nothing is permanent and the current generation is no exception. I went to that educationist to explain the same thing. But we as humans tend to think that we are permanent and have limitless time. That’s why we don’t feel responsible for the coming generations. And that’s the paradox with which we are living since eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment